disney world.... birth right... rite of passage....

disney world...
a massive chuck-e-cheese?

is it the advertising?
is it the other kids at school?

what is it that makes the kids start begging and pleading to go to disney world?

would it be wrong to deny my children a pilgramage to disney world?

I try to explain that we do other things...
wouldn't it be more fun to go to Jamaica again?
it would cost less and there would be all sorts of fun

could we go for a day?
do we need to go for a week?

our family went
but I think my brother and I were too old and our dad was too cheap
we went for a day and had a handful of tickets
there were long lines and weak rides
we were all hyped on amusement parks
while disney world was a theme park
yes.... disney world has grown and changed since I went as a pre-teen child
but... couldn't we get some of the experineces that are fabricated there in the real world?

there are actual swamp boats in the everglades...
with real alligators and real snakes

there are sailboats in the ocean without a connection to a rail

there are trains that go cross country instead of around a park

I fear that we may need to go to Disney World to know that we do not need to go to Disney World...

last year two people I know took their children
once family had the time of their life
the other family thought it was an absurd waste