saturday night before granogue


saturday night the night before the escape from granogue race I attended a dinner party for my cousin's graduation for georgetown university
I was there with all sorts of family
mom, aunt's, uncles, and cousins
there was also my brother and sister with their kids... the kids are all cousins
it is special when the cousins get together

cousins
not quite brother or sister
somehow immediate friends
my cousin Jon Jon coined the phrase "special friends" when he was like five

I had the choice of hanging with my aunt's grantfather over seventy or chilling with six kids under seven
I took off my jacket and organized some stuck in the mud

stuck in the mud
a subgroup of freeze tag family
like rectangles and squares

many of these pictures were taken when I was IT
I am often IT

the kids were wild