lil belgians at charm city

photos from charm city by MLK Images

at the Charm City Cyclocross Event in Baltimore this weekend past there was a lil belgian's race for the kids

if you were to scale the course for the kids against the scale of the course for the adults
the kids had a much more difficult course

the barriers were proportioned to the size of the children
but the weight of a child's bike compared to a child's body weight does not quite match up

the double sand pits were the same depth

the hairpin turn around the tree was littered with acorns over exposed roots

the course was brutal

but... the kids attacked the course like little soldiers
there were no complaints

both my three year old son Grant and my six year old son Dean were involved in the Lil Belgians Race
Grant had better success than Dean
I think Dean burned out from his 16 warm up laps

special thanks to Marc and Chris for throwing this together
to run this race after stepping off the race course themselves is a great show of their level of contribution to the sport

thanks guys
we had a great time
me and the whole family
the boys had a wonderful time even if the course was brutal

taking the family is a joy
but I must admit
it is tough to get focused on the race when I am using all my energy breaking up the endless fights going on in the back seat