9.27.2007

yenching palace closed


yenching palace closed
I hope they had a party the last night they served

this place is said to have some history
some history that ceases to continue as of 2007

I wonder if DCist blogged about the closing of the Yenching Palace
I wonder if they ever put up a piece about the closing of Candy's Hardware

Comet...
Thai Room...
Thai Roma...
Shirl's...
that nameless Chinese joint that was at 7th and Penn in Southeast
dc institutions
but these are old DC
a DC long before me
a DC that I just got to see before it ended

4 comments:

ETJB said...

add a.v. ristorante and reeves to the sad list..

gwadzilla said...

dc...

a bit of anywhere USA

gwadzilla said...

etjb

love the breakdown of the yardsale

but...

I have junk
you know I have junk
but... I lack time
a yard sale needs to earn me more than a day's work

that is why I tend to donate stuff

I hate haggling down from 50 cents to a quarter

getting paid in 2 dollar bills would make my day

-jg

ETJB said...

the yard sale was really us piggy backing on a friend's idea. more of a benefit than the $$ was clearing out a bunch of old crap...and yes, a lot of the crap ended up unsold and was donated at the end of the day...

...and add the bayou and tracks to your list...