I love the dollar store

I love the dollar store
but really
do we need all this junk?
do we need toys that do not survive the afternoon?

okay... I still have a basket of dollar store dinosaurs
but they may be covered in lead paint!

the notion of quality rather than quantity

we need to stop buying crap so they stop making crap
I need to stop buying crap so that I... well... so I stop tripping over crap
I constantly buy junk
I constantly buy junky toys that do not last the afternoon

the metaphor of the department store bike translates across the board
we should stop buying lemonade that is made without lemons

if we only bought was is good
they will no longer produce what is bad

in a simpler time people existed with less
we could all do with less

now... this does not mean less bicycles or for others less books or for others less guitars
but we could all do with less junk