do bigger backpacks make better people?

do bigger backpacks make better people?
how about the dual majors?

education is important

homework is vital

but...
I am not so sure that our education system has this all figured out

just stumbled upon a copy of this book; The Homework Myth by Alfie Kohn will scan it later

this notion of homework and school is something that I need to focus upon
as a father of two small children it is my objective to raise each of the boys to their greatest potential

how do I feel about cutting class?

well... I did not cut class often
but when I did... I was cutting class to do something
in my mind it was time well spent
had I gone to class it would have been just another day in class
rather than an adventure with friends

I can recall missing the first week of classes in one of my spring semesters in college
classes were missed so that I could work as a motorcycle messenger during a news filled week of the Presidential Inauguration of the first Bush

my duties gave me behind the scene access to all sorts of events
there were points when I saw things happen that I would have certainly ignored on television
history before my eyes
sure I missed those first few days of classes
the introduction of the teacher
the handing out of the syllabus
while instead I experienced history in the making rather than getting ready to read about history in a book

I still have a Mag-Lite flashlight with the Presidential Seal from George Bush's Thousand Points of Light Speech which occurred on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial I am not sure if I can tell you the four classes I took that semester
but I certain can remember all sorts of details from that day and the days that surrounded it

thinking of this pack from DEUTER for commuting