7.28.2008

Gene Hawkins and Lucy Brown at Haines Point

strange...
a photo of a friend playing Garage Band reminded me of Gene Hawkins
then there was an email from Scott in my INBOX

Lucy Brown on YOUTUBE

Gene is on throat
Scott is on bass
Chris is on the skins
and Luis of Atomic Music is playing guitar

THREE LUCY BROWN VIDEOS

gwadzilla archives on haines point

gwadzilla archive on gene hawkins

PHOTO: my boys enjoying The Awakening at Haines Point before it was taken away

oh...
saw Kenny from Marginal Man on his bike today
did not get the shot
but have seen shots of him on the Arlington Skate Blog

3 comments:

Robbie said...

lucy brown ruled I probably saw them 10 times in high school. I never saw any videos though. To see that video now that I live in DC and see them playing on top of The Awakening is great. Great link. Thanks.
What ever happened to Follow for Now? They used to play with them a lot down in Norfolk.

gwadzilla said...

yes
glad to share

I did not know those three videos were posted

I think they were posted by Luis/Scott's record label Atomic Anodyne

they should do a limited pressing re-release of that stuff

I WOULD BUY IT!
(okay... if I try I can find someone and burn it)

gwadzilla said...

oh...

I am not sure if Follow the Now is the same as THE NOW

Gene (or was it Jean) was in a band called THE NOW with a bunch of guys from College Park

what happened to them?