my son grant told me that cheering for him does not help him

it is all very curious...
I am not certain if what children say they feel and what they truely feel are the same thing


At DCCX during the Lil Belgian's race I stepped aside from my role as organizer and I cheered for my boys till my throat grew hoarse

I cheered with great enthusiasim as I snapped some photographs
when they finished my throat was raw

it is true... I also cheered for many friends and racers making strong effort
so... my throat was hoarse from an assortment of yelling
not just from yelling at my kids
but I most definitely yelled at my kids

on Grant's first lap in the Lil Belgians U6 Category Grant looked me in the eye and said something to the effect that my cheering does not help to make him go faster
or maybe that it does not help him to ride faster
either way I cheered
I could not contain myself

then when Dean was racing... without my guidance Grant joined in on the meet the cross racers are various turns with cowbells and loud cheers
it made me proud to see Grant cheer for his older brother Dean
I could have used their cheering during my race

when Lisa finally arrived at DCCX with the boys earlier that day I was on my second to last lap
I had already thrown in the towel
it was a matter of just finishing the race at a less than impressive race pace
their position on the sideline brought me a smile but it was too late in the game for them to invigorate me

I... unlike my son Grant... I am fueled by the cheers