more than words... more than numbers

recession
recession is more than a word
recession is more than a concept
recession is a reality

the recession has recently become part of my reality
http://en.wikipedia.org

unemployment
unemployment is more than a number
unemployment is more than a statistic
unemployment is a reality

unemployment has recently become part of my reality
www.bls.gov

there is talk of improvement... there is talk about a drop in unemployment
hopefully this is more than talk
www.huffingtonpost.com

previously I did not blog about working at CBS News in Washington DC... I no longer work there
so I can blog about what I want to blog about
not sure what there is to blog about CBS now...

this article in the LA Times came out on the Saturday before the Monday when CBS laid off 100 essential employees; ten of which were in Washington DC
yes... I was one of those ten
http://articles.latimes.com

I have been told to see the film; "UP IN THE AIR"
I have been told that it will help
www.theupintheairmovie.com

until then... I will just listen to THE JAM: Smithers-Jones
www.youtube.com