WABA BIKE PROM!

BIKE PROM
I do not think I will go to the Bike Prom


the waba bike prom?
it sounds fun... people get excited about it
there is already and underground buzz about it
there is already and electronic networking buzz about it

well... I could stop in...
ah... eh... I am not sure... but really... I am not sure..
I am not sure The Bike Prom is my thing

the Bike Prom is cool... but me... I am old... and perhaps a little uncool


then there is dancing and bars? and of course the risk of running into jeff peel in a social situation?
there are a number of reasons off the top of my head why I would not want to go
there are just a number of reasons... I mean excuses... off the top of my head
then of course the classic old guy excuses... old... married... kids... did I say old? okay... I do not have any real excuse other than I am lame

if nothing is going on I should stop in The WABA BIKE PROM
perhaps the coolest thing that WABA does
sure... Bike to Work Day is an amazing day

but I think that The Bike Prom is a little more abstract
something a little more DC

not as bikecentric as many other bike events
or so I would guess
what do I know... I do not go to the WABA Bike Prom


THAT GRAPHIC IS SO COOL!

Mad Max and Road Warrior were high on the rotation of re-rents from Erols on VHS when I was a kid

The Bike Prom also seems to reach out to another subset of the DC Bicycle Culture
perhaps a younger set than the WABA Gala

The Bike Prom also servers more than the bicycle culture
as it is a cultural contribution to the city as a whole


go to the WABA page for more information
join... become a member... go to the bike prom
but only after you GOOGLE WABA yourself
I have written enough on this topic
I need to jump in the shower all sorts of dirty and ripe from a long day