do what is best for you...

do what is best for you
take your medicine
you will feel better in no time

this is the sort of advice we give to our children
this is the sort of advice that we should give to ourselves

the longer you wait the sicker you may get
best you fight it
best you face it head on

this is the way that we try to raise our children to think
this is the way that we should live ourselves

even if you do not want to
do what is best for you
take your medicine
you will feel better in no time

I have not been riding my bike
there have been all sorts of excuses
broken bike frames... broken bikes in need of repair...
and of course there have been family obligations
so yes... some legitimate excuses
also some irrelevant excuses

there has been time to ride
I have not been taking advantage of the time to ride
I have not been making time to ride
I have not been riding

not riding begets not riding
I am caving into the excuses

the less I ride the less I ride

today I rode

it felt good to get on the bike even though I did not feel like getting on the bike

tomorrow I need to make time to ride
I need to ride whether I feel like it or not
it is important for me to cease windows of opportunities
it is vital for me to create windows of opportunities
it is essential that I do not ignore windows of opportunities

a short ride is better than no ride
and a run... well... running is for runners
it has been a long time since I was a runner
bet yes... a run
running can be great... if I do not stress or strain anything

it is important to make the plan to ride
I have not been making the plan to ride
racing is often the set plan to ride
tomorrow is a race at Fountainhead
I am not racing tomorrow
but I am definitely riding tomorrow