Car Versus Bike

www.sfgate.com

Car Versus Bike
it is something that I blog about less these days
perhaps because I am riding less
maybe it has to do with the fact the I have gotten tired of typing the same ideas

read these rants
THE CAR COMMUTER CHALLENGE
http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/search?q=car+commuter+challenge

COMMON SENSE AND COMMON COURTESY
http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/search?q=common+sense
and
THE WAR ON MACARTHUR BOULEVARD
http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/search?q=macarthur

I really have a hard time with the police penalizing pedestrians and cyclists for alleged misbehavior when they do nothing to control the car chaos

on foot...
I am no less safe crossing the street mid block than if I were to cross the street in the crosswalk
in the crosswalk it is as if I am running with the bulls
dodging cars knowing it is my obligation to get out of their way... or else

then on the bike...
car are aggressive, obnoxious, and inconsiderate when I ride within the limits of the law
it is my goal to put myself where I am most safe
my breaking of the law is less than the actions of the standard car driver

when I am in the left lane on the bike... waiting to get the moment to make a safe left turn and the car behind me honks
I know it is wrong... but I flip them off... they can F_CK OFF!

in fact... there is seldom a moment when a car honks at me that it makes any sense to anyone other than them...

in short... when I am within the limits of the law and a car honks at me
they are saying "GET THE F_CK OUT OF MY WAY"
and to that... I can not resist
sure... I can let it roll off my back
but the 100th monkey gets the bird