Save the Governor's Cup

Save the Governor's Cup
I just heard that there is a risk that The Governor's Cup, a sailboat race from Annapolis to St. Mary's City\St. Mary's College of Maryland, is at risk of ceasing to exist
www.somdnews.com

Save the Governor's Cup on FACEBOOK
www.facebook.com

it is a boat race
it is a party
it is a cultural experience

sailing is not my thing...
but when I was at St. Mary's College of Maryland this event acted as an unofficial reunion for graduates
it was guaranteed good time
then after I graduated... there were a number of times when I rode my bicycle down from DC to St. Mary's and then camped at Church Point
I have fond memories of that sailboat race weekend and the festivities that surround it
it would be sad if this 37 year old tradition were to discontinue

it should not be canceled
there should be a way to make this event sustainable