Len Bias: If Basketball had a list of TOP TEN "what ifs?"

it has been stated before that I do not follow sports...
not college and not pro

I do not watch the games and I do not read the sports pages
Sports Illustrated has one issue a year that I enjoy

I do catch highlights and I do see headlines

LEN BIAS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len_Bias
one of those truth stranger than fiction stories... life imitating art...
a pop culture tragedy playing out in front of the world

it is curious to me
Len Bias... was this as much of a shock to the nation as it was to this area?
I remember people really responding to this
in the same way people may have responded to the death of either of the Kennedys or Curt Kobain
or even Kurt Cobain

What if?
What if Len Bias had not died that night?
What would the ripple effect have been?
Would he have pushed the sport?
Would his life have brought goodness to the world?
Would his actions on and off the court take him to greatness?
or
well... I guess I could keep asking questions
and no one could answer any of those "what ifs?"

it is just a game... but somehow... people treat it with more weight

WITHOUT BIAS


and
Len Bias THE MOVIE on FACEBOOK