backpack... panniers... trailer

ran into this guy on the Capital Crescent Trail
his ride with rack and panniers in the back and pannier-less low rider rack in the front game me the feeling that this man uses this bicycle for touring... extensive touring

although I introduced the conversation
I did not get the answer I was looking for
in a sentence I was looking for a quick description of his longest tour on this bike

instead... we talked about panniers versus-backpack-versus trailer
I think that the single wheel Bob Trailer is the premium touring option
seeing this man has me wondering... how is that tour going with that couple I saw the other day?
how far have they ridden?
it has not been that long
it may take a few weeks to be fully committed to the reality of the task of "living on the bike"

me... a bicycle ride across the United States is on my life list