if I taught photography... I would take my students to the Capital Cross Classic.... it was a beautiful day for people with cameras




I am not really into sports photography
but there is something beautiful about cyclocross racing

the morning was so tempting
the mist was amazing
but... I wanted to socialize and warm up a little for my race
left the camera in the car
tough enough to get the head around racing the single speed race

to try and balance taking photos and racing can be tough
taking photos and socializing can also be tough
so... if I was not social it was because I wanted to watch the racers and get some pictures
lots of great lighting on some great moments

I think I caught some good energy with these photos
and this is not a best of
this is just a few random images that have been resized for web
I have dozens more photos
in fact too many photos