I do not care for eBikes... they offend me

BMW is coming out with an eBike
http://technabob.com
looks sweet... one problem
I HATE eBIKES!

well... it is not so much that I hate electronic bicycles
it is more the fact that it bothers me to see people on eBikes in places where bicycles should be
and worse yet
I hate seeing eBikes in places where bicycles should not be

people are looking for car alternatives
people are looking to live car lite

I get this... but I hate when I am in the bike lane and a motorized scooter or an electronic bike buzzes by me
TAKE IT TO THE STREET!

NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES ON THE BIKE PATH!
GET OUT OF THE BIKE LANE! An eBike is not a BIKE... it is an electronic moped

sure... the eBiker wants to be away from the car
but then... once on the bike path
they are the villain
they are the bully vehicle going to fast... passing people too close

MOTORIZED BICYCLES SHOULD TRAVEL IN THE CAR LANE... not in the BIKE LANE

but beyond that...
if people are on an bike with electronic assist... they will use the motor rather than pedal
as it is the nature for man and animal to take the easy way out
just as an eagle or bear will pick through trash before it hunts
people will do less work if given the option

JUST PEDAL DAMIT!

in the end... stop with eBike technology
just make scooters and small motorcycles
let bicycles be bicycles
and those other things... they can be their things