they say... I say...

they say "don't be a jerk!"
I say... "DON'T BE A JOKER!"

this NYC PSA "Don't Be A Jerk!" campaign is really quite clever...
but really... the bicycle is just one variable
everyone needs to take a glance at the mirror and consider not contributing to the chaos

if we want the streets to be more safe for bicyclists and pedestrians there needs to be change across the board
when I travel... and I do not travel that often... I look to see what is working and what is not working in other cultures as far as transportation is concerned

When in NOVA SCOTIA I marveled at the car to pedestrian relationship!
The pedestrian does not jay walk... and the car respects the pedestrian's right of way
if one does not respect the other... it does not work
When in Amsterdam I witnessed bicycle lanes and bicycle roads with street lights for bicyclists
Again... for their to be order... everyone needs to fall into line
Amsterdam just like Krakow, Poland had a less chaotic sense to the congestion

DON'T BE A JERK on YOUTUBE as posted by NYC DOT
www.youtube.com
Paulina is still CUTE!
www.youtube.com

more on bikes on CNN
www.cnn.com