So... Ian MacKaye and Henry Rollins walk into the Smithsonian... yes, it sounds like the start of a joke

well, it is not a joke
there is no punch line
yes, Henry and Ian were wandering through the offices of my place of work yesterday
and I got to say hello

funny...
I have met Ian enough times that he recognizes me

and Henry... well, this was my first face to face encounter with Henry
which had me sort of focus on one rather than the other

I had an appointment across the National Mall in another museum so our encounter was short...  still nice to shake hands and meet Henry

yesterday Henry spoke at the Smithsonian... I wonder how that went
http://smithsonianassociates.org
having to coach my younger son's soccer team had me not even considering the event
although I was tempted... would have been cool... but could not juggle it all

as a teen SOA was one of my favorite 7 inches... and that was Henry Rollins when he was a tattoo-less teen with the last name of Garfield
but really... Minor Threat was spinning on the turntable more often than SOA
then Damage came out... OH MAN! THAT ALBUM TAPPED INTO THE ENERGY AND FRUSTRATION OF THIS TEENAGE BOY!
wow... 


to dynamic individuals whose ripple effect on the world through their contributions to music and culture are subtle yet astounding 

I have blogged on the topic of Ian and Henry on multiple occasions
http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/search?q=ian
http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/search?q=henry

and no...
I did not show Henry the scar on the back of my head from when he kicked me while I was doing a stage dive at a Black Flag show at Pearce Hall here in DC back in the early '80's