a package arrived in the mail the other day... I am not often the recipient of packages...


yes... a large brown box was on my doorstep with my name and address inscribed as the recipient
EXCITING!
it is not my birthday
it is not Christmas
WHAT COULD THIS BE?

ah... the return address tells all
NEW BELGIUM BREWRY FORT COLLINS COLORADO

sure enough... it is time to start thinking and then soon enough to start planning for the Tour de Fat!


last year I designed the SLOW RIDE BELT for the DC Tour de Fat
but my real contributions to the event are promotion through Social Media
and then
as a representative of MORE I am in charge of the Bike Valet at the Tour de Fat



the Tour de Fat is a family friendly event with the theme of bicycle and beers
it is really a unique cultural event
music and entertainment 
and bikes
then more bikes and a few beers


the day starts with a slow paced bicycle cruiser ride
a few years ago my older son did it on his unicycle
in recent years other obligations have prevented them from attending
which is fine... it is hard for me to baby sit my boys and run bike valet at the same time




New Belgium Brewery
that place embodies the spirit of Colorado
it it "green"
it is "free spirited"
New Belgium is employee owned


the employees of New Belgium work hard and play hard
not shocking that they also ride hard


the Tour de Fat is an event that tours the United States
there are nearly a dozen events in various cities all over the country
the event is free... the beers are for sale
and
ALL THE PROFITS GO BACK TO THE NOT FOR PROFITS THAT VOLUNTEER AT THE EVENT

WIN WIN FOR THE COMMUNITY!





New Belgium... Check for Date of the Tour de Fat
see what the closest event is for you in your region
mark your calendar... volunteer... attend... 



there is a main stage and many side shows
last year Reggie Watts performed
years prior Mucca Pazza was a highlight
for the most part I am at Bike Valet or running around with my camera
I have only sampled the entertainment
yet it seems like a fantastic day for all that attend

I look forward to this day each year
it is a bicycle cultural highlight for our region