Smithsonian Picnic... and the tail end of the Folklife Festival...

a photo from Cusco from many years ago
a life before marriage
a life before kids
an adventure that is little more than a memory

and of course
a door and a dog

the Smithsonian Folklife and its Peru Participants brought up an onslaught of memories
memories of a month long visit to Peru
memories of a more simple time

last week the Smithsonian had its STAFF PHOTO and the Smithsonian Staff Picnic
it was a fun day that I felt boosted morale 


Smithsonian Folklife Editor Elisa
Elisa has graced the Gwadzilla Pages once before


then this boat...
a boat made of reeds
I never made it to Lake Titicaca

my trip to Peru was limited
it is a large county with much to see
I did not see much of it
but I loved what I saw 




Jim Deutsch of the Smithsonian Center for Folklife Culture and Heritage
wow... this JIM search may be the search of all searches
http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/search?q=jim
and then Deutsch

my buddy Josh...
Josh
Smithsonian Photographer... Smithsonian Archivist... Smithsonian Digital Media Manager



PERU on the Gwadzilla Page
MACCHU BRINGS UP AMAZING RANDOMNESS!
http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/search?q=macchu

as much as I love world travel... as much as I love cultural festivals
sometimes I am curious about the ethic of the "human zoo"

Humans of New York


WILLIE!
Willie at the Smithsonian
Willie is my Life Coach!
I always get a boost when I see my buddy Willie!


I dig the Peruvian crafts..


James Early and OCIO Intern having a laugh at the Folklife Festival


I did not catch any of the Peruvian concerts or performances at the 2015 Smithsonian Folklife Festival
but I did catch a few minutes of the action as I passed through at lunch
this guy on his guitar... saw a young girl rapping in Spanish... did not see any dances
I know it all happened... but I missed it


Charlie and Laquinda documenting the Folklife Festival


yes... chase these links 
great insight into my world
MACCHU
and Picchu



DONE