Washington Post Express has an article... "How Safe is Biking?"

HOW SAFE IS BIKING?
article in WaPo Express today

Biking is safe...
the car drivers around you make it unsafe!

really... lets try to control the idiots and assholes
there are many drivers on the roads that are a menace to any and all around them
and well... those dangers are greater for those not surrounded by crumple resistant side panels and air bags

this morning when driving my son to school I drove my car
at a four way stop on my street I made a complete stop at the stop sign at the stop line
to my right I saw a car approaching
unsure if they would stop I waited
then I went... they did not stop... they nearly T-Boned Me!
then...
the facial reactiosn as I sat dormant in front of them
as if I were in the wrong

REALLY PEOPLE!
be righteous when  you are right
arrogance is not for the ignorant or incorrect
back down
look in the mirror... see your contribution to the equation

yesterday my two boys rode their bikes to school
while I rode my bike to work

the CELL PHONE USEAGE is out of hand
actually it is in hand
but it does not mean hands free is okay
DO NOT TALK ON YOUR CELL PHONE AND DRIVE!
DO NOT DRIVE AND TEXT!

the phone usage by car drivers enrages me
not every driver is actually putting me at risk
but there is that potential
the lack of focus on the task at hand is irksome

I am nearly killed by car drivers who don't see me
add the cell phone
well... it is as if they are hunting me down
and well... I wish I could hunt them down

OPEN SEASON ON IDIOTS AND ASSHOLES
since Natural Selection is sleeping on the job
wouldn't it be nice if we could just thin the herd
remove the people that are vacuums on society!

remove the people that do not add positively
but only add negatively

yes.. riding a bike can be dangerous
but really
riding a bike is no more dangerous than running or walking
it is riding a bike in traffic that is dangerous
cars make riding a bike dangerous

how do we change this?