black cat bernie


black cat bernie

some call him black cat bernie
he certainly is known for more than working at the black cat
by more I am not thinking of is working at dante's

although I do not know bernie well
I do know bernie from around town
I have known bernie for years
as well as knowing that bernie has a musical history that people who call him black cat bernie may be overlooking or may not be familiar with

google is always good for answers
I am not going to try and dig up his full disography
but I have heard that he is a talented studio musician
and I do know that he played bass on the first Rollins Band record

on this day Bernie was scheduled to teach a yoga class to some folks at City Bikes
I tried to crash the class uninvited
as it turns out the manager with the keys was out of town
the person who was supposed to fill in for the early opening for the yoga class was a no show
something to do with vomitting all morning

my body could use some yoga
went to a class lead by Bernie a few weeks back
felt so refreshed and energized after that class
as well as a little sore the following day
my body could use more of that