Races Around the Corner....

Fitness Challenge becomes part of a Mini-Series

after a few seconds of thought I sent out an email that got as little review as many of my BLOG entries...
it was a simple plea to have them add a CLYDESDALE CLASS to their Series, unlikely they will consider it
here is that email message....

Good Afternoon-

Will you guys be having a CLYDESDALE CLASS at your races this spring; the AMBC races. After a glance at your three sites it appears not...

For a racer to select a class is not always easy.

For me it is no easier, it is shameful for me to race in the Sport class yet, there are times where I feel that I just do not belong in the Expert Class. Last year I stood on the podium in third place at the Greenbriar Fitness Challenge along with several other sandbaggers.

The only real difference.... I am 6'4" tall weighing in at over 235 pounds (depending on my lunch that day and snacks the night prior... that time last year I may have been over 240... with beard)

In short....

I see these Single Speed Classes popping up everywhere...
but some of the promoters seem to fail to see that the Single Speed is a choice.... Clydesdale is a genetic disadvantage. I on any given day can not just select to be a 150 pound racer.... but on any day I can select my rigid single speed or my geared front suspension bike.

With the larger categories it makes sense to break the people up.... Clydesdale is often a great little subgroup... no need for Beginner, Sport, or Expert Clydedales... just Clydesdales.... the Sport distance and course is usually good enough, but most definitely not the beginner distance/course.


just thought I would throw this out there
let you guys consider adding a Clydesdale class....
it is good for the sport
and
it is good for racing

let me know what you think
thanks
Joel
Clydesdale Racer
City Bikes Mountainbike Team


would love to be a fly on the computer screen when they get this email....
most likely they will just laugh it off
as the only people who seem to get the Clydesdale Class are Clydesdales.....