serving sizes
this may not be the case with all people
but I know it is the case with me
the quantity put before me is the quantity I consume
unless I want more after I clear what is on my plate
after all.... I am part of the "clean plate club" generation

think of popcorn or pizza...
go to the movies
you order a popcorn... grand... super grand.... super super grandious
then you go to your seat and you eat
the first couple handfuls are great
then it is a habitual motion
then you are looking in the bottom of the bag for that last kernel
chewing on seeds... crossing your fingers that your teeth will win over the unpopped corn

soda goes the same way
no matter what size soda I am served
I will drink it all
mind you.... as super sized as I may be... I have never had a Super Big Gulp
somehow the marvel of 7-11 escaped me
sure I have made my fair share of purchases there
but I was not raised in a 7-11 on Alice Cooper Slurpees and...
oh... okay, I was a slave to the 2 for a buck chilli cheese dogs in my early 20's
back to my point

soda is this interesting concept
we again enjoy that first taste
then we consume
then we look for the last taste
how much was consumed is never really a point
there was a taste, a few gulps, then nothing but noise
the sound of the straw searching the bottom of the glass for any remaining liquid
well
I say bring back the smaller bottles
bring back the Coca Cola in the ascetically pleasing glass bottles
7 or 10 ounces would be find
after all
we only really want a taste
if we really want to quench our thirst.... we do not reach for Coca Cola

Coca Cola taste test
in the world of Coca Cola people tend to prefer the flavor of the Coke from the aluminum can
something about the metalic taste
I feel that the warm can poured over crushed ice is the best combo
but
when given the choice...
most anyone will reach for that small ascetically pleasing bottle when given the option
bypassing the plastic 2 liter jug
going straight for the little bottle
because it tastes better?
no
because it feels better...
and well
the 2 liter bottle feels the least best
offers the greatest quantity for the least amount of money
but does not offer extra taste
and lacks that cool factor of the little bottle from our grandparent's era

bring back the little bottles
and well
we might start seeing a few more little people in this world