images from the hill

washington dc is a beautiful city
a city with an amazing history
history that still happens with this changing world

the incident on the hill with the issue with taking pictures was a bit unsettling
to quote george carlin, "we give up certain liberties in the name of freedom"
or something to that effect

as I was doing nothing wrong I took no offense to the approach of these officers
but
my heart rate still rose significantly
it was awkward, not quite scary
but somewhat intimidating just the same

intimidating to the point where I question what images I should post and what images I should not
now that is scary

to quote the charles bukowski character in that classic film, barfly, "I don't dislike cops, I just feel better when they are not around"
"to all my friends"