a pretty darn good weekend


the weekend went by pretty fast
it often amazes me on saturday night that it is only saturday night
then when sunday night comes I think... it is sunday already... the weekend is over?

here if is only sunday night and I have a hard time recalling what happened friday night

friday night was pretty standard
as I think of last friday night I get the image of many of the last friday nights

friday is a big night of the week on our block
or at least fridays have been a big night of the week at this point in time
friday is cook out in the alley night
the parents sip drinks while the kids ride their bikes
or hit each other with swords
or climb and jump on and off of stuff
while the parents sip drinks
everybody eats hot dogs

there are races
there are hikes in the woods
there are races in the woods
the ages vary so I stagger the starts
it amazes me how the staggered starts chance on the kids all arriving into my arms at the same time
it is always more simple with a tie than with a definite winner
they all want to be winners
the winner of different age categories or congratulations for racing hard usually works well enough
but there are races with false starts and sore losers
it is all part of learning to life life and play games
everyone is fast
everyone is smiling

for more about the kids... click here