kids... music... proud poppa

the other night I was driving down the road with my two boys in the back of the Element
my right hand was jumping through the radio presets trying to find something other than some idiot boss jock

in my leaps between dc's less than spectacular radio options I stopped on a station playing a song by 311
a few notes into the song my two and a half year old grant yells out... IT IS THE POLICEMAN!
before I can correct him dean spouts out in response to the rhythmic rap and exclaims... NO-IT IS THE RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS

without being too strong with my correction I complimented them both for their ability to guess so closely from the music style
but... I corrected them just the same
with the correct band name; 311 and that it is the Police... not the Policemen
the next song in the radio rotation was the Chilli Peppers