so many great cyclists at the shenandoah mountain 100 so many great people at the shenandoah mountain 100


there were so many great cyclists at the shenandoah mountain 100
there were so many great people at the shenandoah mountain 100

even at my humble eleven hour pace I felt as if I was surrounded by a number of talented riders

this photo was taken by tomi
I did not see tomi during the race
we started at the same time
tomi finished a world ahead of me
at roughly nine and a half hours
sick
nine and a half hours!
that is a whole different day on the bike than my roughly eleven hours
oh... did I mention... on a fixed gear
tomi did his nine hours and thirty minutes ona fixed gear
a fixed gear?
LORD JESUS HAVE MERCY!
anyone who rides that course on a single speed is a freak
but on a fixed gear?
that is super freak status
then to manage to roll through the hundred miles of pain in a slim nine hours and thirty minutes
I am not sure if I know how to categorize that level of FREAKINESS
okay... I will try
that is some super freaky rock star shit!
yup! SUPER FREAKY ROCK STAR SHIT!

not just performance art
but performance
performance at an absurd leve
that is some SUPER FREAKY ROCK STAR SHIT!

tomi-mcmillar.blogspot.com
which reminds me... I need to check to see if Buddy at bikesandbeer.blogspot.com has put up his camera phone pictures from the event
sure enough... the photos are up
I wonder if Floyd Landis is going to put pictures of Buddy on his blog?

that woman in the photo is no my wife
that is a friend from the Pedal Shop team, Dharma
she was a minnow swimming with the sharks