The Facts about Alice Swanson's Death from Blacknell Dot Net


Mark Blacknell: The Facts About the Death of Alice Swanson
http://blacknell.net


what can we do?
we can be more careful on and off the bike...


I try to remind people that I am a cyclist no matter what
I could be on a balloon trip or walking on the moon.... no matter what... I am still a cyclist
people behind the wheel need to be more empathetic to those in the world around them
granting the pedestrians and cyclists around them their right to space
rather than bullying them

when I drive my car I anticipate the pedestrian and car traffic
the bike path gets special respect
when I see a runner, cyclist, or even a cluster of tourists I act as a blocker for the cars behind me
I slow and grant them their right of way

so many idiots and assholes behind the wheel
and the horn...
when I am walking my dog I often see someone do something stupid in their car
then the car behind them leans on the horn
at that moment there is a transfer of energy
the person who made the danger move with their car loses the attention of being the idiot/asshole
then the person creating the noise pollution becomes the idiot/asshole

dont' be an idiot/asshole.

oh... here is the Police Report
thanks John
http://johncurran.files.wordpress.com