Fort Dupont... Cross Country Track Meet... and legal mountain bike trails







 my older son had a cross country track meet at Fort Dupont
I brought my younger son and our bikes
while my older son ran... my younger son and I rode some of the trails
it is the classic legal trail that is not so great for mountain biking
lots of wide trail that is really too steep to be flowing and fun
there are some newer trails that are awesome
but those 30 yard sections are not enough to justify the cross down drive with the bikes to have Fort Dupont to be a mountain bike destination

but...
I am trying to work with MORE and the NPS to see if we can work to develop the trails
cut some fresh trails... maybe re-route some stuff...
build some fast, fun, sustainable trails that would be better for everyone that uses this park!