RACE REPORT: 2016 Sister City Alleycat



Race Report... Race Report?

scratch that
too much time has passed
the sun has set and the sun has risen too many times to try and dredge up any details from the Sister City Alleycat that occurred not this weekend past but the weekend before that...

yet... I have compiled these images and a few links
so...

I will throw down a few words relating to some of the images
then hit PUBLISH AND POST


2016 Sister City Alleycat DC\Adelaide Alleycat III on Facebook


Race Report: 2016 Sister City Alleycat DC\Adelaide Alleycat III
video of me prepping for the race
not much to see... just toying with the iPhone camera


Paul snapped some shots from the Sister City Alleycat
thanks Paul
your shots are solid
totally dig your documentation of the DC Cycling Culture
mention of Paul on the Gwadzilla blog
http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/search?q=paul
my earliest encounters with Paul were at the DC Bike Party
DC Bike Party on the Gwadzilla Page
below are some shots of Paul in action

I raced the whole event with a backpack filled with various supplies
water\beer\snacks\multi-tool\pump\spare tube\patch kit
and
a full change of clothes

I do not get paid for chamois time
when the race is over
I want out of my sweat soak bicycle kit
so... I lug a full change of clothing including shoes with me for the duration
absurd? maybe


some shots from Colony Club
the last "check point" at the race
also the location of the after party
ping pong table was swapped for GOLD SPRINTS

the race was short and sweet
only 5 or so check points... completed in less than an hour
early on I formed allegiances with Bruce
well... I tagged along with Bruce and Bruce did not do anything to shake me
Bruce and I finished in the 2nd and 3rd spots just behind Gabe

GOOD STUFF!

good times for sure

Bruce and I trying to be "sexy" as a task at the 19th Street Check Point
Here I am paying Chris' entry fee
Chris aka THC: Totally Hard Core
http://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/search?q=thc

Kids... 
The Alleycat Rat Pack!
I know some of these kids from Mount Pleasant and from them being the same age as my older son Dean
good to see the new breed out on the bike
hope they are being careful
hope they know what they are doing


Kevin Dillard being Kevin Dillard

these are some of the best shots from the day
I am not sure why
but I do enjoy the whole camera thing
it has become part of who I am









Video by DC Compass about the Alleycat


was hanging with this dude Bang
we ended up swapping lenses
Bang had a wide angle lens that I threw onto my Canon DSLR
it was fun to toy with the technology

I want to go FISHEYE!