St Mary's College of Maryland... a place I called home for 4.5 years of my life... took a visit there last week with my brother, his eldest son, and my eldest son for a college visit


St. Mary's College
they handed me a diploma in 1990
stopped back there a few times in the years that followed graduation
been decades since I walked those paths
it was nice to stroll down memory lane


SMC
St Mary's College of Maryland
mention of SMC on the Gwadzilla Page

oh my...
how the campus has changed
the skeleton is the same
but so much has changed
but really... the world has changed
my guess... most every college campus in this country has gone through the same amount of grown\development\and change as St. Mary's has gone through in the last couple of decades

St. Mary's on the Gwadzilla Page

ah...
the campus and its waterfront status
wow...
that is an amenity that is tough to beat
so many memories from the water



then from the water to Church Point
then a glance at Historic St Mary's City with its replica of the Ark and the Dove
Gwadzilla Mention of Church Point


beautiful day on the water


the above shot is an amusing one

me and my brother
then over our shoulders
our sons
they are cousins
but they have a brotherly relationship

I went to the St Mary's Campus Store and all I got was a Frisbee
no SMUT discs
would have loved to have grabbed a St Mary's Ultimate Team disc


Dean and Dad
Dean and Eric


Dean and grave stones
Dean and books


a shot in the Garden of Remembrance
I have memories from the Garden of Remembrance 

Queen Anne across St John's Pond
lots of Saints mentioned at Saint Mary's
but it is not a religious institution
named for its location
not for its primary topic of study


roaming the halls evoked an onslaught of memories
raced through various hallways
a quick pass through Dorchester Hall
2nd left... 1st Left... 3rd Center... 3rd right
then down the path 
passing the bell tower
then through Queen Anne

2nd Left... 2nd Left was enough
enough of those memories


these woman on 2nd Left were amused by my walk down memory lane
thought about "pennying" them into their room for old time sake
then maybe some baby powder in the box fan in the window
or maybe not
?



Tom Rowe
ah... wonderful man Tom Rowe


Eric and Dean
as excited about a college tour as I would have been at that age
hard for kids to understand that they have choices
that they can be the "master of their destiny"
rather than depending upon their parents to be the "puppet masters"


to amuse me...
I had Dean climb some St. Mary's Classics
The Bell Tower and then that sculpture down by the water
he obliged me and enjoyed it
the kid can climb


a nice day
a nice day for me
nice day to share with my brother
hope the cousins had a good time
hope the boys have a better idea of what they are seeking out of their college experience


father son
and 
we are done.

done.