taking the day off
as chance would have it on my selected day off the world has chosen to rain over Washington DC
perhaps it is for the best
sure I had plans to hike the Billy Goat Trail in the morning
then an afternoon dirt ride... maybe Schaffer, Cabin John, maybe something more local to me
but
my friends have all backed down from each independent invite
well...
the ride was still an option
road in the rain
but
I had to take the high road of chosing not to ride and muck things up on dirt
while not being drawn to getting soaked on the streets

should be a good weekend for Cyclocross
too bad I am not racing
PSYCH!
soft earth on a cross bike is painful for the CLYDESDALE
mud has its moments
yet I will request fast and dry hard packed first and foremost anyday

so....
after being stood up on two counts
now I have my massive "things to do" list to attack
right now I am working on getting two bike frames painted
an old OUTBACK mountainbike for Lisa
and
that old Colnago road bike for myself
the rain may keep me from spraying them down
but
that forces me to spend a few more minutes for prepping
while actually I would be more than satisfied to do a ghetto paint job not even removing the wheels
yet.... these are frames with no parts.... there are no wheels or tires to dirty with my sloppy spray painting

I can not recall the last time it rained
we need the rain
as much as I could have used a long hike with the dogs sans kids
as much as I could have used a social ride on the bike on dirt that is not a race
there are these "things to do"
best I step away from the BLOG and move forward with these tasks.....

last night Tom hooked me up with a CAMPY crank set
need to decide what bike gets what crank set
my Jamis Nova needs some TLC
the chain skipps under any tork situation
the whole drive train needs to be replaced
and well
as I plan on getting a new cyclocross bike
I do not want to spend too much money putting life back into a bike that will be downgraded to commuter/beater
that said.... this bike still has gear potential
mustache bars?
fenders?
who knows...
but
before I redesign the identity of the Jamis Nova I need to reanimate the Outback and Colnago frames into the status of ridable bikes