Ian... the ripple effect of his punk rock splashing in the musical timeline is dynamic.. but I am not sure if the kids today know who he is or his contributions

Ian... Ian MacKaye
co-founder of Dischord Records
front man for Minor Threat
co-front man for Fugazi

Mount Pleasant Resident... etc. etc. etc.

the other day as I rode into work after a mid week canal camping trick I struck up conversation with one of the other campers
she lives in Mount Pleasant in a group house that was a tad Punk Rock a few years back
as we roded I threw some names out
my words fell on deaf ears

she may have known Dischord Records
but not sure if she knew much more
or even that
I guess this fringe culture history is not as much common knowledge as I would have thought

oh well...


how about this other DC Ian?
is she more familiar with his work
or is all of this stuff no longer significant
honestly... I am not sure how significant this stuff was 10 years ago

yes... historically significant
but maybe not so significant in this moment

search the archives in the upper left hand corner for various topics
Dischord... Ian... 
you may like what you find