Fireworks... can we get a shared decision on this...

 Fireworks!

Same story every year...

summer starts and so do the Fireworks... and not just fireworks... but explosives and gun fire... it is loud... it is obnoxious... and these loud noises are a scary experience for many...

house pets are in a panic...  many domesticated dogs and cats are doing their best Chicken Little... I know my dog is looking at me like I am a fool for not taking cover... my companionship gives him comfort... but there are days where I can not walk him... there are times when he will not leave the house

this is the story about my dog's response to the fireworks... but this is just one story... this story is repeated with pets all over... dogs... cats... birds... whatever... all traumatized by the loud noises...

but what about people?

it is said that Veterans with PTSD are often punished by the sound of the fireworks 

sure... people can get out of town... or brace themselves for July 4th... but the surprised explosions from morning to night can not be prepared for... there may be many people in this city suffering the same emotional response as the dogs and cats

so...

what can be done?

I am not sure... I am pretty sure that the people who are lighting the fireworks are not on the neighborhood forums to hear the neighbor's complaints... how do we tame this beast? no need to mention the law... most of these explosives are illegal... DC allows sparklers and spark emitting fireworks... but no projectiles and no explosives 

maybe next year we can work towards a solution... perhaps start the plan on January One...

not sure what will tame this beast... but I do believe that there needs to be a shared understanding of the effects of fireworks on the emotions of the residents in the neighborhoods... both the humans and the pets


https://gwadzilla.blogspot.com/search?q=fireworks