Categories at the Dead City Alleycat... WTF!!!

 

Race Categories...
so...
this event has an organic nature to it...
it has grown, changed, and morphed through the planning stages...
the... day of... there may be some adjustments...
will there be a Fixed Category?
what about Fixed Brakeless?
I do not recall getting an extra prize for racing the Messenger Appreciation Day Alleycat on my mountain bike...
so... I am not sure if those distinctions are gonna happen... as I do not think there needs to be a sub category for each person showing up on a different bike with a different diameter tire... or riding flat pedals versus clips...
but... the break down of the classes needs to be revisited...
so... initially I created two classes...
Men and Women...
well... that is not quite as "Inclusive" as I intend to be
excuse me... I am "An Ignorant Ally"
forgive me... I am trying... here is a modification
the main event will be two Categories... OPEN and WTF (Women - Transgender -Femme)
the goal is not to leave anyone out and not to offend anyone...
I hope this effort is appropriate to everyone involved...
DM me with gentle words if I am clumsy in my efforts
The Messenger Community has the goal of being a "Safe Space"
Anyone and everyone is invited to ride, race, or volunteer...
okay... I am not sure if I want any eBikers... but that is another story...
and...
there will be prizes for different challenges in the race...
there will be a raffle...
there will be Check Point pickups...
no one will leave empty handed
yet... not everyone gets a trophy