DC No Chase Law? I think this needs to be reworked... and what can be done about the motorcycle culture?




last week I was finishing up a quick loop around the city on my bicycle...

as I pedaled on 3rd Street passing Fort Slocum I could see up ahead...

at the four way intersection several blocks ahead I could see four or five motorcycles\atvs coming my way

their speed and momentum were not that great
but they were not slowing or pausing for the Stop Signs
as they crossed one of those intersections as they passed through the Four Way Stop without stopping 
the next vehicle to cross that cross-street was a police cruiser

that police cruiser sat and witnessed the motor bikes speeding and ignoring the Stop Signs
then onto of that... 
two of these motorbikes were in the oncoming lane
the motorbikes were in my lane headed towards me... HEAD ON!

yet nothing was done...

not a chirp of the speaker from the officer
not a flash of the light

all the while these vehicles are passing through this neighborhood putting the residents of this neighborhood at risk

now...
the officer could have followed the bikes... tried to pull them over... if they refused... well... then he could respect the DC No High Speed Chase Law
but to ignore the behavior is to enable the behavior

then lastly...
something needs to be done about this motorcycle culture
but what?

when my dog chews something... I do not just tell him no, but I also give him something to chew
maybe the motorcycle culture could be approached like this?
maybe DC could build a motocross course?
jump lines or whatever at RFK?
so that the motorcycle can gather and express themselves without putting citizens at risk