Bad Brains... DC Legends... then to a quick note about Brook Shields

Bad Brains

never saw the Bad Brains...
in my youth the Bad Brains were BANNED IN DC

then... for a spell HR performed solo
so... I caught numerous HR shows in DC before leaving high school

shortly after high school... 
Bad Brains came out with I Against I
LOVED THIS ALBUM
shared this album with many of my peers who had never heard of the Bad Brains
they loved every snort, grunt, and exhale on this album just as I did

TIGHT!
give I Against I a listen
legend has it - HR made a call from Jail to record the song Sacred Love 
great little side note

yes... later... cleaner... more professional production... more POP... some would say more mainstream...
this album is amazing Start to Finish
A Side and B Side

there were chances to see Bad Brains in this era
then later opportunities to see the Bad Brains reunion shows
not sure where I was or what I was doing
still managed to never see the Bad Brains Live!!!

two photos below...
there are some early Bad Bains photos... who is that girl?
and
the second photo is on legend photographer Glenn Friedman's Instagram

WAMU Bandwidth Bad Brains Interview



and then a riddle as powerful as "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop?
many beg the question as to whether or not that is Brook Shields smoking pot with HR

I can not verify that photo... 
but... I did meet Brook Shields one day while riding mountain bikes on the Gold Mine Loop in between Old Angler's Inn and Great Falls on the Maryland side

we had a few friendly exchanges on each pass on the multiple small loops
we chatted for a minute in the parking lot
then randomly ran into each other at the High's Store at Glen Echo
that store is now a 7-11

at first I did not realize it was Brook Shields
just a beautiful woman on a mountain bike
then in the parking lot it was obvious once her sunglasses came off
then at High's she was playful and friendly
but got pulled away by her date

I have told this story a number of times
Brook Shields has yet to tell the story once