two productive moments in the never ending need to finish my Shed Door Project... a trip to The Dump!!!

 


The Dump
Love Death and Robots

this week I did some well over due clean up in the backyard...

really... I didn't do any clean up
I just loaded up the Honda Element with all sorts of old door parts and door scraps from the Door Shed Project in the back yard and went to the Fort Totten Dump...
then on Saturday...
loaded up the Element with old empty Paint Cans and all sorts of containers filled with Hazardous Waste... these went to the Benning Road Location that accepts hazardous waste

the hours and days can be confusing...
but not really...
Fort Totten no longer takes the Hazardous Materials
Benning Road now has Saturday Drop offs every week instead of the just one drop off day a month


it was quick... it was easy
so... why was there was there so much hesitation?

there was more time spent thinking about the trip to the dump - dreading this trip than the two trips to the two dumps themselves actually took

the workers at both of these locations were beyond helpful and polite
I appreciated the assistance from everyone at both dumps
tried to voice my appreciation 

thank you DC government for having these drop off locations and having these locations staffed with such polite and capable workers

so...
I would say... RE-USE and DONATE... DONATE... DONATE... DONATE...
but when one man's trash is just trash
get rid of that stuff
that stuff is just plaque on the brain
trash the trash
and
share the treasures

Buy Nothing and Free Cycle are great places to get rid of unwanted items that are still of value\use to people

I hate to see useful items at the dump
so tempting to leave the dump with more items than I arrived with

I wish the Dump had a sorting section for dropping off useful stuff before it because waste in the landfill
all the bicycles and bicycle parts at the dump make me wonder

how can we stop useful items from going to the landfill?