Beauty Shops of the Potomac River in the Georgetown area...


on the Internet many of us have grown to be addicted\dependent upon Facebook
I am one of those people
wake up each morning to coffee and Facebook

Facebook goes with my morning coffee...
Facebook goes with my afternoon lunch...
Facebook goes with everything in-between and everything after...
there may be too much Facebook in my life

there is some good that comes out of Facebook
no... the Political Divide is beyond negative
Facebook has started family feuds greater than the battle between the Hatfields and McCoys
the "Liberal" versus "Conservative" battle on Facebook has been brutal
friends have been lost... family members have decided not to convene again..

but there is still some good on Facebook

Birthdays are good on Facebook
everyone LOVES the Birthday wishes on Facebook

then... in addition to Birthdays on Facebook there is one more thing
The Buy Nothing Groups on Facebook are Amazing

Buy Nothing is like Freecycle... only better...

Buy Nothing is a Neighborhood Network where people offer up or request various items
rather than throwing stuff away
people offer their goods to their neighbors
unlike Free Cycle or Craig's List everyone is local
so... claimed items tend to be picked up 
rather than Claimed and Forgotten

BUY NOTHING IS AWESOME!
BUY NOTHING IS AMAZING!!!



a month or so ago a person on my neighborhood Buy Nothing Group posted about a camera
the camera was an older high end digital camera
the person offering up the old camera made claims about the camera working some days and not others
I threw my hat in the ring but typing in the words INTERESTED under the listed item
my INTERESTED reply went along side a dozen or more responses
many petitioning about how their child or their cat would really love this

days passed... a winner was selected
but it was not me
I was not that invested
it did not cause any pain
it did not cause any heart ache


then a month or so later I was looking at the Buy Nothing page on Facebook 
remembered this camera
sent a message to the member of the group gifting the camera
to my favor
it turns out the winner of the camera 
"flaked" and never picked up the camera

a little electronic back and forth
I was reminded that the camera was not entirely functional
we set up a time that afternoon for contactless porch pick up
since Buy Nothing is local
the address was just about a mile from my house


I went about my day and then excitedly drove to get this camera on my way to walk the dog
I must admit... I was pretty stoked
like a kid on Christmas
only a second hand Christmas 

I have no issue with used...
send my your used money...
give me your used car...
I will take it... a little used?
it is gonna be used when I get it.. no issue with a little used



so... I got this Nikon D300
charged the batteries...
cleared a CF Card
cleared the card... but did not reformat the card

went to test the camera...
NOTHING
the camera looked like it would work...
powered on... the buttons responded... lens worked...
but pressing the shutter button did not take a photos
hmmmm... as said... "camera does not work everyday..."

so... I went to my friend Google on the Internet
did some searching...
went in thinking that a Firmware Update would set things straight

read up on the process...
there was a long explanation of the process
there was a short explanation of the process
I went for the short route

well...
the Firmware Update started... and immediately there was a FLASH
something about this... something about that... then a message "Take Camera to Nikon Dealer"
WHAT!!!
back to Google... lots of posts about the same error
but no posts about a simple resolve

Crowd Sourced on Facebook on the topic
got some troubleshooting tips
but... in addition to the few tips
someone offered up a Nikon D750 body
WHAT!!!

so... rather than troubleshooting the old D300
I responded to the he newer more advanced D750 offer
drove up to Ellicott City for porch pick up
after the battery was charged and the camera was assembled I had a fully working camera
a camera twice as advanced as the previous Nikon camera body
with a very awesome MACRO LENS

the Macro Lens is a wonderful Street Photography lens...
close ups from far away!

LOVING THE NEW TO ME CAMERA!

that you people for your generosity...
right in time for the Holidays
warms my heart
hope you enjoy the photos I will take with this camera!!!