DK at BLM Plaza

 


Danny K


chance run in with DK downtown
me with his camera
him with his bike
just what I was looking for

DannyK appeased me and my need to snap the shutter

we were at Black Lives Matter Plaza downtown
seems like a good spot for a quick photo opportunity

playing with the "new to me" Nikon camera with Macro Lens

liking the results... 
AMAZING CAMERA!
COOL LENS!

DannyK has been a messenger for a number of years
moved from a college kid studying GIS doing that messenger thing to becoming the owner of his own messenger business

2020/2021 has hit small businesses hard

the already declining messenger business is not doing so well with all the Remote Work

fewer messengers
messengers making less money

not sure what the future holds for the bicycle messenger
it is one of those things
the industry could crawl in a corner and die
or
the messenger industry could take over the urban delivery business and thrive again

not sure why there are not more delivery companies using bikes...
unfortunately... I anticipate more messenger\delivery companies moving to eBikes and eCargo bikes
I have no love for the "e"
an eCargo Bike in the Bike Lane is an obstruction
not a bike... 
but... I can not sweat the world to come
I will sweat it when it arrives

nice to run into DK

DannyK won The Dead City Alleycat the other day
need to talk to him about the first place tattoo prize from Shawn Brown of Whistle Stop Tattoo