Shawn Brown of Whistle Stop Tattoo in Hyattsville


above is the Dischord Records - 20 Years of Dischord Box Set
signed by Ian MacKaye
one of the prizes off the table at the Dead City Alleycat 2021 Edition

it was not clear to Ian MacKaye when I reached out to Dischord Records as to whether or not there would be any interest in records or even a box of CDs
well... 
DannyK won the Dead City Alleycat 2021 
when given a chance to go to the prize table
DannyK went past the Chrome Bags and all the other cool SWAG and straight to the Dischord Records 

SCORE!
DannyK Snagged a Minor Threat 13 Inch and the Box Set
Syd got the first four Dischord singles on a 12 inch and then another 12 inch
maybe the first two Minor Threat Singles on a 12 Inch

then on top of that...
the top winners also won a tattoo of the Spoke Card
which was designed by Asad Walker




the Dead City Alleycat was months ago...
yet there was no real thought about the tattoo prize
the same thing happened years ago
no one claimed their tattoo prize

so...
this time I made it clear
if the winners did not want their ink
I would get the tattoo for myself
which I did



Kate Schrock won the WTF:Women Trans Femme Category
but did not want the tattoo
well... 
anticipating this... I opted for this tattoo

shamefully... I did not do this for the Vanity is a Deadly Sin Alleycat
where Wilfredo of Simple Bar and Grill offered up his tattoo services as a prize
neither DannyK or Kate ever claimed their tattoos
so... I was ready for the hesitancy


tracked down DannyK this morning
we talked on the phone
caught up on this and that
then talked tattoo prizes

DannyK was in fact interested... 
just was not pushing the issue
as DK is a chill guy

DannyK and tattoo artist Shawn Brown have a good deal in common
bikes and music
DannyK is a tad younger which puts him on a different wave
but there is definitely an overlap in musical interests
even with the years between them
they are both DC PUNKS!

so...
I put Danny and Shawn together
below is the ink I just got from Shawn Brown of Whistle Stop Tattoo
SWEETNESS!

I look forward to hearing about Shawn and DannyK's experience
stoked to see DannyK with a new tattoo!