Top Ten Sledding Hills in Washington DC!!!


What are the best places to go sledding in Washington, DC?

this is one of those questions that someone might Google on the eve of a SNOW DAY
the best and the worst thing to happen to the world... Google!

it is so easy...

What are the 10 Best Hikes in Washington, DC?
now... those 10 Best Hikes are now crowded on every Federal Holiday due to people all getting the same information from the same question...
now those 10 Best Hikes are not as good as they once were
as they are no longer secret spots

sharing is not always caring...
I do not care if this stranger discovers my Secret Spot

the same could go for 
What are the 10 Best Dive Bars in Washington DC?
sure... good question...
but if this topic is Googled
well... then these places get more business... which they love
but then the identity off these bars change
once made more popular
these spots lose some of that special flavor

Secrets... the Internet is the killer of Secrets...

so...
What are the 10 Best Sledding Spots in Washington, DC?
sorry... I can not tell you
I am not Google
sure... if you scan my Blog you can see places I took my boys sledding when they were young
but I can not just list the top ten sledding hills

Telling someone the "Top Ten Secret Spots" on any topic is not to anyone's benefit other than the author of the article... the sharer of knowledge
to those who had a "Secret Spot"
well... that Secret Spot gets ruined by the influx of people directed to that spot because of their ability to Google

so... I would no sooner tell you my Top Ten Secret Fishing Spots than I would tell you my Top Ten Sledding Spots...
it seems silly... but... there are times when "less is more"

when sledding... fewer people on the sledding hill is more fun
fewer collisions
fewer people walking up the sledding tracks
fewer people destroying the sledding tracks
fewer people

fewer people
yes... fewer people

fewer people asking to borrow and then breaking my sled
yes... fewer people

so... go sledding
you can borrow my tips fro prior blog posts...
I can not make it too easy for you
try DCist or City Paper

This Washington Post Article is from a Snow Day when I was in high school...
pretty cool to be on the cover of the Washington Post
that was unexpected