Winter Weight... Achilles Injury has me on the bench... but there is the rowing machine!

 


I am not a rower
both of my boys are rowers
there is a growth in the high school rowing across the nation
there are programs where there were no programs before

Wilson High School in Washington DC has had a rowing program for 35 Years!



my younger son Grant is a senior at Wilson
Grant is currently the captain of the Wilson Men's Varsity team
when Dean was at Wilson
Dean was the Stroke position as a senior in the boat that won the SRAA Nationals
WTOP Story... look at those smiles!!!

unfortunately... my sons' rowing does not make me a rower
but...
having a brother who is a rower who just got a new Erg (indoor rowing machine)
I am now an owner of an Erg

now... I have dabbled in "Erging"
as there have been gaps of time when a rowing machine occupied my living room so that my boys could row
so... here I am with an Achilles Injury

information on the Internet suggests allowing the achilles to heal
avoiding various activities
recommending others

Erging is a recommended safe activity when recovering from an Achilles injury
well... isn't that special
so... now I have the Erg set up in the living room
not for either of my boys
for me

there are two struggles
to get on the erg
and
to ease into this... I have an issue with starting into things slowly

(impressive 2k... it reads 6:16.2, but I think he has broken that with a 6:13.5)