Row Well and Live... Coaching... times are changing is this sort of coaching still effective?

 


Row Well and Live
Ben Hur

CLASSIC!

but it does beg the question... what brings out inspiration?
to what level does an athlete need to be guided/instructed/motivated?
are these tactics effective?
are these tactics cruel to the athlete?

as a father... as a dog owner... as a coach to young kids...
I guided with some strictness...


as a person we can look back on our actions
how we played things
what worked... what didn't
what we would have done differently

I have asked myself that question...
when encountering other friends with growing children I have asked them the same questions
was I too strict?
was I not strict enough?

where were my strengths?
and of course...
where were my short comings?

what style of parenting\coaching works?
what style of parenting\coaching hurts?

different players\children need to be pushed\inspired in different ways

I need to rewatch the film The Great Santini
as this is a film of a father with the best intentions
but his classic abusive military style is a rough way to interact with your family
worth watching this film if you have never seen it

Robert Duvall portrays a complex character