Failed\Dangerous Infrastructure...

 


a few years back I was commuting home...
there I was on the Metro Branch Trail
riding side by side to pass the time
moving okay... not race pace... not training...

then it happened...
my bicycle went out from under me
I was on the ground tumbling
my body was in pain

my backpack on my back was not great for me on impact
immediately I knew I was injured\hurt
living alone...
I had to resolve this myself

so... I spun the wheels
checked that the handlebars were straight
then got on the bike

a bit of the trail a man passed me
I asked if he could slow his pace and ride with me for a bit
turned out he was with DDOT
and worked with BIKES
I told him my story...
he had zero interest...
he had zero concern...
no empathy...
and beyond that
he did not inquire about the FAILED INFRASTRUCTURE

thanks buddy...
thanks for at least riding with me for a mile or two

but I would think that there would have been some evolution to the FAILED DESIGN

I am a mountain biker... obstacles are great...
BUT NOT WHEN I AM ON THE BIKE PATH!