WABA Rangers are riding Mini Bikes...

 


Eric formerly of WABA
yes...
the Executive Director of WABA on a bike during his work hours
handling a shop errand on the bicycle

I support WABA
I have volunteered at more WABA events than I can recall
I have been a member on and off through the years
yet I wonder

What does WABA do?

years ago I felt that WABA was more interested in supporting the beginner cyclist... the slow cyclist going for ice cream... rather than the daily rider... the commuter hustling to get where they are going

I would see WABA staff timing lights at a tortoise pace
with nothing but distain for the foolish hare

but now... 
now what?

WABA HAS JUMPED THE SHARK!

WABA is now SPLIT!

they are supporting the slowest cycling demographic and then also... 
trying to accommodate the fastest "cycling" demographic - THE EBIKE!


WABA is actually...
WAeBA!

last time I saw the previous Executive Director Greg Billing on a bike... it had eAssist
and the other day I saw the new WABA Trail Rangers and they were all on Mini Bikes
I guess there were pedals
but it was clear that these were two wheeled machines with motors
not what I thought when I pictured the Trail Rangers
sort of bummed me out

I do not think that WABA represents me
this has been an issue of mine since I first started to try and advocate for cycling in Washington DC
thought about started my own advocacy group decades ago... 
still think about it today!