Karens...


had a short exchange with a woman while I was at work yesterday...

working for Capital Bike Share I am a Mobile Tech
riding my bicycle to various zones 
responding to a combination of a computer system bringing up bikes that need their 35 Day Check Up
then also...
bikes that have customer complaints\reviews

so... I pulled a bike from the BikeShare Station...
was test riding it up the block... yes on the sidewalk
stopped for a woman and her dog
waited patiently as the woman called her dog and her dog ignored her
her hands were full with a large bag of dry dog food... so I waited

not in a rush... not giving any attitude to her... not putting off any energy...
just waiting for her to clear the path and unload her car and gather her dog
I am a dog owner... my dog ignores me... everything is not for IMMEDIATE RESPONSE...
I waited for them to clear the sidewalk...
she started barking at me about my needing to be in THE BIKE LANE

well...

I told her I was just test riding this bicycle 
she continued
I informed her I can not ride in the Bike Lane because cars are parked in them
and that yes...
her dog is off leash

she said she was just getting out of her car

I informed her that the law is that the dog must be on the leash
and that...
if she can use qualifiers and justifications... so can I 

we did not have time...
I was not trying to be confrontational...

but the NO BIKES ON THE SIDEWALK LAW is for the business district...
she is in the Capital Hill neighborhood

WHAT A KAREN!

she was breaking the law... I was within the limits of the law