You are beautiful when you laugh...

gonna leave this here as an archive for myself
marriage is hard
this is an exchange I had with my then wife
we divorced 5-6 years after this

there is a good chance that she was bipolar
she was something

it was clear that she suffered some postpartum depression
then... resentment for having to return to work part time
but really
in DC in most houses both people work

did I mention resentment
let me tell you... resentment is not an ingredient in the Recipe for a Healthy Marriage

the reality... it was just a marriage that hit its expiration date
grew apart
opposites did not attract as they once did
the resentment... did I mention the resentment...

hugging a cactus would have been more pleasurable than hugging my wife during this era

you should look into anti-depressants.

I'm super happy when I don't have to deal with you.  You are an
albatross in my life.

have a great day!

(I don't have time for this BS.  i'll be in meetings for the remainder
of the day)


On 1/22/13, Joel gwadz <gwadzilla8@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Lisa
>
> you know, you are beautiful when you laugh
> but... you do not laugh as much as you used to laugh
>
> you know I love you
> it is hard for me to show you because you push me a way
> but I love you
>
> you do not seem as happy as you used to be
>
> I know you are frustrated with my work situation
> but really, that is not the root of your unhappiness
> honestly... you behavior towards me was similar when I worked full time and
> you were part time
> only now the volume is turned up... well recently cranked up
>
> I know you are not happy, but I think that some of your unhappiness is a
> result of your body changes
> at one point you were on the pill which helped to control your period
> then you had one child and then another
> that altering your body and your balance as well
> then you went on with everyday life without the pill
> and then there is your age
> your body has different chemical balances because you are an adult woman
>
> you behavior can be Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde
> or better yet, hot and cold
> right now you are just cold
> cold and distant
>
> and well...
> your behavior often involve unfair attacks
> and when these attacks are volcanic... there is no talking to you
> no logic or reason... just unwarranted attacks
> then a day or two later I see the feminine packaging in the bathroom
> oh... there is part of the explanation
>
> a little while ago I read an article about this drug Sarafem
> the woman talked about her symptoms and they sounded similar to yours
> and well... the results
> she got to be herself again
> she was happy in the ways she was happy again
>
> you used to glow
> now you frown
> you used to laugh and smile
> not any more
>
> I have not done extensive research on this
> but I have given it some thought for a while and occasionally read some
> stuff on it
> Sarafem's page
>
> this is not an easy email to write
> as I am sure it is not an easy email to read
>
> I Love You.
>
> we have let our relationship get off course
> I want to get things back on course
>
> we have a wonderful family and have the full right to be happy
> but... you happiness is not dependent upon me, our marriage, your job, or my
> job
> your happiness is dependent upon you
> and I think you may want to see your doctor to discuss you emotions-your
> moods-and your biology
>
> I could write a book
> there are a million things I want to say or could say
> I want to hear about New York
> I want to tell you that I wanted to be with you and the boys in Florida
> but I can not... you are difficult to approach
>
> so I will just tell you that I love you
>
> enough on this
> I am crying and I do not want to make you angry
>
> Love Always
> your husband
> Joel